which media for ps2 backups???

hey dudez...i`ve just started to do my own ps2 backups but the media ive tried so far dont work,it got to the loading screen and just sat there(using fantom cd).can anyone give me any tipps on what brand media works best for backups of ps2 games.

CHEERS.:confused:

for cd use traxdata black 80min(works every time at 24x)
for dvd you must use decent blanks, verbatim, neo, tdk, pioneer or vivastar branded work best, but if you have a v3 ps2 and fit a messiah type chip you may not be able to load dvdr at all :(

i have a V3 with a messiah chip
dvd+r works great by me

i use cheap cd's and dvd+r discs from platinum, works good

v3 + mesiah is very dodgy ;) makes no odds what it reads if it reads originals it'll work with decent medid -r or + r but around 80% of v3+messiah simply dont read ANY dvd (but they dont tell you that when you have it fitted)

v3 + mesiah is very dodgy makes no odds what it reads if it reads originals it'll work with decent medid -r or + r but around 80% of v3+messiah simply dont read ANY dvd (but they dont tell you that when you have it fitted)
I have a v3 PS2 that has never been modded, what is the best modchip to get for it that would avoid this problem?

its an inherent problem with the v3's im afraid, i have 2 v3 ps2's with messiah and one worked fine for years (till last week) the other hasnt read a dvd since the chip was fitted.

supposedly the ripperchip and messiah 2 was 3v instead of 5v so should be safer but ripper is about £70 and messiah 2 isnt out yet :(
if you are chipping to run cd copies and dvd rips on cdr then it isnt a problem