Which is better: DVD2ONE or DVDxCOPY?

Both have their place as both are not the same type of program. If you want to backup absolutely everything on the DVD with best quality then DVDxCopy can split the DVD over 2 DVDR's. If you only want 1 DVDR regardless of origianl length and want the movie only then DVD2ONE is your choice.

If the DVD is a single layer DVD5, then neither is the best, DVD Decrypter is your best program for these (and its free).

I use both, simply because DXC doesn't do all the things I require. Hopefully sometime in March the platinum version will be released and this will employ more options to the end user.

Both of them methinks, plus Pinnacle Instant Copy, plus DVD decrypter. And you will also need a good DVD (pre)mastering+ burning program.

Not a fan of dvdxcopy as I dont like to use 2 dvd-rs for 1 film.
If the film fits on 1 disc I prefer decryptor for dvd-5,
dvd2one for dvd-9 upto 2 hours in length
and dvd2svcd (CCE) for anything longer than that.

Pinicle Instantcopy 7

I use this program with a register hack to uncheck the menus I dont want & burn using this program on one disk very good replay on the standalone players i have tried.

After I have stripped away the menus I dont want Main movie shows on slide bar an average 85% video quality.

I've used DVDdecryptor to make VCD's before so I already have that. Will I have to use it if I get Insatntcopy 7 to dup DVD's? Thanks for all the input. :D

Yes, because you have to rip to decrypt DVDs first - Instantcopy will only do copy direct off disk on unprotected disks