Which CD-RW

Hi. I'm having problems with my TEAC CDW552G, so I want to return it to the shop and change it for something else. The list of other burners is:

LiteOn 52246S
LG GCE8525B
NEC NR9400
Sony 230E

I want your advice, which of them to buy and why. Any personal experiences are welcomed.
Thanks a lot.

Well from you list I would go for Liteon :) Sony tends to be over priced for their unit. but at the same time fine drives.

The Sony CRX 230A is listed as being a rebranded Liteon 52327S (one site) - others also list the CRX 230E as another rebrand.

I suppose it depends if you care about 32x CD-RW support, and when did they clear up the C2 error blip (only a testing irritation, nothing more) - was it at the "6" or not until the "7"?

I'd get the Sony, as it IS a rebadged LiteOn with slightly better specs than the other one you mention. Price is a factor of course, but since none of them should cost more than 50$, I think it shouldn't be a big deal...

scarecrow said:
I'd get the Sony, as it IS a rebadged LiteOn with slightly better specs than the other one you mention. Price is a factor of course, but since none of them should cost more than 50$, I think it shouldn't be a big deal...
So why not just get the Liteon? :confused: I'll bet the sony cost more so. I just got a liteon locally for $35. :)