Which Audio Format?

A-Traveller

Hi All.

I have recently converted a file into wav. Now when I right-click the file, click 'Properties' and select the 'Details' tab the 'Audio format', states that the file is PCM,8,000 Hz, 16 bit, mono.

However, when I add the file to Nero Express (for burning) and click the properties after selecting the file in Nero, Nero gives the following info under 'Basic Track Information:

Frequency: 44,100 Hz
Channels: 2
Resolution: 16 bits

Well, which is the correct info?

Also, how do I tell what frequency and channels my other files (mp3, rm, etc) are?

Thanks.

Properties for audiocd(standard)should be 44100hz,16b,stereo(2channels).
I dont use nero-express but he converted the source to 44100 hz-16b-stereo couse thats necessery for standard audiocd,otherwise it wouldnt play in all those standalones,cars.....
imo best proggys for showing what files you got are mpeg collection,encspot(for mp3)and my favorite is mr.question man :)

A-Traveller

Thanks.

So Nero converts any audio to 44100hz,16b, stereo (2channels) automatically so I don't have to do it beforehand?

if you choose an Audio CD as new burning project, then Nero converts automatically; this is because no other rate and resolution is allowed for an Audio CD; for more information have a look at the Red Book;

Greetings from
Duracell