Whats up with the system volume information....... VIRUS???

Here is the problem:

There is a virus detected in a file in the system volume information folder (a dialogue box popped up from AVG) so I ran the full scan. AVG did not scan the folder so I tried PC Cillin, no luck there

I tried to enter the folder and it rudely said that access was denied, even when I logged on the the friggin admin!

the folder system volume system can be accecced on my win2000 partition but 2k was formatted with FAT32 and XP has NTFS, does this have anything to do with it?

The system volume information folder is not accessible in any case- not even by the administrator.
Are you sure this isn't a false alarm? It's an AVG speciality...

Hi :)

Check & make sure it not a false positive, if it not then the best way 2 get rid of it is 2 disable System Restore, bear in mind that U will lose all restore points if U do this, 2 disable it right click my computer & select properties, then click on the sys restore tab & check it 2 disable it

System Restore is a good idea, but it does seem 2 be a haven 4 many viruses, so likei say check on other Antivirus sites & run a scan with 1 of them to double check :)

BaNzI :D