What Type Of DVD-R Media Does Everybody Use To Copy PS2 Games?

Hi

I was wondering what type of media is everbody using to copy ps2 games?
I am having trouble finding a good one to buy off the internet as no one sells the dvd-r media in new zealand yet, so i have to buy it off the internet.
I bought some dvd-r non branded media from playstationmods.com but some of the games didnt work on my ps2. So I bought some Neo dvd-r gold edition branded media from playstationmods.com, they have worked alright, but they seem to have blemishes on the surface in some places, if you get what I mean.
So in all can anybody recomend a good media that is not to expensive, but is the best one to get, with excellent results, and perhaps a place where I can get it off the internet.

Thanks

By the way I have a pioneer a04 dvd burner, if that is important for the type of media.

Johno

Hello johno44444

I´m located in Germany, and the cheapest DVD-R´s I could get here are from Princo. They work very well ;)

i try to avoid the realy cheap stuff like princo/whitetop/datasafe/etc.. as they tend to fail the more data you put on them (princos are normaly only good up to about 2.7gb) the problem is the game may work but then fail 2/3 of the way through.

best cheap media is neo technologies (designers of the neo chips) / traxdata or vivastar branded (dont use vivastar unbranded they come from the same factory as mirror and suffer from the normal good batch/bad batch problems that many of the cheap discs suffer from).

to be honest if you are doing these games for your own use then use decent media. you can burn verbatim/tdk/panasonic/pioneer discs all day long at 2x on an ao3/04 with close to 100% success rate (if it loads on the ps2 it will work).

the ps2 is a bit of a bitch with dvd's and i'm afraid it likes good quality discs, unlike the xbox which dosent give a toss with dvd's but can be a real bitch with cdr's

ABCMan