What is the best Packet Writing software?

I have used, InCD, am using B's Clip right. Is there anything out there that does a better job than these 2? I haven't really had a problem with them, but I am always looking to try something new and was wondering about this.

The best packet writer is no packet writer.
This burning method is reliable only when burning to CDR, and inCD/ B's Clip cannot burn to CDR. The rest of the bunch (RSJ Cd-writer, DirectCD, DLA, Instant Write...) can burn to all types of media, but I cannot really see any real advantage of mode zero burning versus the conventional ones.

Last edited:
Well, I am not sure that I agree with you on that, but that aint no problem. But, going on what you say, what would be the best way to do this:

Say I have software that I download. I put it on a cdrw using, say, InCD. When they come out with new version of this software and I want to replace the copy of it that is on the cdrw, all I do is rename it to the same, right click, and send it to the burner.

If I don't use packet writing software, what would you recommend for me to use?

Thanks,

Storing data on RW by using packet writers is the best, safest way to lose data You can use a packet writer for quick backups or just for toying, but NEVER for storing critical data.
Not sure about the new Mount Rainier packet writing format, but till now few devices and even fewer software support it.
The best way to archive data on CDR or CDRW is using some backup software which can do incremental backups, eg NTI Backup Now or Veritas backup myPC, or any other similar product.

Ok, I see what you are saying. But I forgot to mention one think, I am using the new Mount Rainier format, not the old format, if that makes a difference. I will look into the programs that you mentioned.

Thanks

Mount Rainier is another thing... I can't comment much on that one as my current hardware does not support it, but inCD is supposed to work OK with it.

Both InCD and B's Clip are working good with it, but I didn't know if there was something else that work with the new format also.

There is also a dedicated app, called WriteCDRW.
The new version of Instant Write (coming with Pinnacle CD/DVD Wizard 7) also supports the format.
And of course, unlike the old packet writing Mount Rainier works only with RW media.

I am starting to think that InCD and B's Clip are one and the same program. The interface is the same and I can burn with one program and read it with the other.

A better Question would be

"Whats the worst packet Writer??"

Answer >> All Of Them

To Store data just burn a CDR they are cheap & the data is a lot safer.

More Data burn another CDR cheap & safer in the long run.

Well, Poacher, I understand what you mean, but I can't replace an older file with a newer file doing it this way and that is one thing that I need to be able to do.

Buy buying 100-spindles with rebates, I am now paying about $0.10 per disk for name brand media. I have disks of programs and stuff, but if I want to update a program, I stick the old disk in my player, a blank in my burner and just replace the old folder with the new one in Nero and burn (actually I always burn 2 disks of data/photos/apps backup). Sure it takes longer, but I believe my data is safer this way.

CDR's might be cheap now but time and peace of mind isn't, meaning having to search all over zillions of CD's with junk can be very annoying

Last edited:
The-poacher said:
A better Question would be

"Whats the worst packet Writer??"

Answer >> All Of Them

To Store data just burn a CDR they are cheap & the data is a lot safer.

More Data burn another CDR cheap & safer in the long run.
the "super" post is really true!
:p

a few years i used RSJ....
German packet program with fantastics features.
the best is:
you can open your cd burner and
remove the cd without close the session !
than you load the cd days after and complete the size!
really works!

the worse:
i can't find the homepage,today here the internet is slow,
some links don't work and the search is boring!! :(

just try:

http://www.rsj.de

don't remember if the link is correct!
:confused:

ps:
now i open the page..the link is correct but
seems that feature is lost...i'm reading the pdf file!

Last edited:
I've Nero v5 and Record Now Max installed in my computer under XP OS. But my XP built in burning program disappeared for no reasons. However I'm quite happy with Record Now Max.

gamesfanatic said:
But my XP built in burning program disappeared for no reasons.
if i remember correct, RNM disables XP's IMAPI automatically;
and it should be always disabled, if you use a 3rd party burning software except XP's native one;

Greetings from
Duracell

Duracell said:
if i remember correct, RNM disables XP's IMAPI automatically;
Greetings from
Duracell
That's DLA, not RNM... but anyway it does the right thing! :D
And yes, Nero 5.5 had no issues at all with RNM, which does not seem to be the case with v.6.