What is the best or better DVD-R with Silver Bottom?

zanadu

I am looking for a DVD-R media that is compatible with the majority of DVD players...and that has a Silver Bottom.

I currently back up my DVD-R's on discs from a company called Americal. They have a disc that is called "Our Best Pro-Grade" which after running through "DVD Identifier" indicated that the disc is a manufactured by "Ritek Co." and is a "RitekG04".

I have had good results with this disc. On top it is a Shiny Silver and the bottom writing side is a highly playback-compatible red-purple dye.

I do like that it is highly playback compatible as I travel alot and no matter where I take my back up they have played. It is much better than taking my originals and damaging them or even loosing them as I recenlty lost a DVD pouch with 40 of my movie back ups.

What I do not like is the color of the dye on the writing side. Until now I thought that there were no silver bottom discs.

I have recetly come across a small movie company that uses silver bottom DVD-R discs as I was able to back up the DVD without the use of any "DVDDecrypter" or "Alcohol 120%" (etc) programs.

I placed this DVD into a "DVD Identifier" program but it is unable to read the type of DVD-R media that it is. The only message I receive is
"Unable To Initialize Disc : Not ready - Medium not present [02/3A/00]".

Can someone please tell me what DVD-R is on the market that has a "Silver Writing Bottom" and also that is 100% compatible on all DVD playback units...or at least close to it.

Thank you!