What is a linked cell?

rickten

DVDStripper 0.2.0 Final is now released

could you maybe give a better explanation of what a linked cell is. I'm having problems with a dvd when I remove an announcement screen the final product will not play. I opened the vts editor and noticed the cell holding the announcement screen is red, could this be a possible cause to my problem?

rickten said:
could you maybe give a better explanation of what a linked cell is. I'm having problems with a dvd when I remove an announcement screen the final product will not play. I opened the vts editor and noticed the cell holding the announcement screen is red, could this be a possible cause to my problem?
I've snipped this post of the other thread as it's better this info is in it's own thread :)

A linked cell means that it will also be played by another PGC. VTS-Video Title Sets are made up of PGC's-ProGram Chains. More than one PGC can call upon a cell within the VTS, so if you remove a cell from one PGC it will affect another PGC as it will also be removed from that PGC

my recommendation is that you untick all the Titles by clicking the very top box. Select only the Titles you want to keep and this will ensure only the content you want is kept and anything else is removed. The linked content will only be kept if it's needs to be. Basically you are working backwards and adding the stuff you want to keep but this will ensure everything that needs to be kept is kept

in time the Title selector will be hopefully modified to make it easy for the user to selectively keep what the want in the easiest possible way but I'm sure you guys will soon learn how to do it to suit your needs as this is still a relatively new feature

I'm not sure why it's affecting playback. I take it this cell must be in the movie/extras side if you are saying it's linked

what else are you removing?, as it could be something else that you have removed that is affecting it and maybe it's in the menu side

what exactly happens when the DVD doesn't play, how far does it get? Does it work if you leave just this cell in and remove exactly the same stuff? You could run a quick test by removing all the movie but leaving this cell in and see if it works

rickten

okay this is whats happening, I actually think it has nothing to do with linked cells but its possible.

I ripped the dvd in iso mode using dvd decrypter and the iso plays perfectly after I mount it using d-tools.

However when I rip the movie from the disc using dvdstripper and DO NOT remove any parts simply hit process the dvd produced does not play correctly. The intro plays twice for some reason then power dvd just stops. Same with windvd.

in the vts editor it is something like this.

title 2
chapter 1
cell 1 plays a black screen about 1 second long
chapter 2
cell 1 plays a black screen about 1 second long
chapter 3
cell 1 announcement LINKED to announcement in title3
chapter 4
cell 1 intro LINKED to intro in title 3
chatper 5
cell 1 plays black screen

title 3
chapter 1
cell 1 announcement LINKED to above
chapter 2
cell 2 intro LINKED to above

It seems like its playing title 2 chapter 4 then title 3 chapter 2 then quiting.

I find it very bizarra that a movie will not play correctly when all I do is push rip and then process removing no aspects of the dvd. Any help?

please read your PM's rickten as you don't seem to have read them yet

it sounds as if your issues are due to this RPC setting, have you tried it without these settings in DVDDecrypter?