What happened to isonews?

thanks ABCman, I have had some problems with my dsl connection of late, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't my connection.

Doh, I was hoping to look up info on Xbox live at isonews. Wanna find out if it is:

a)
safe to use my matrix chip (Without anything being done to the hard drive

b)
Are there any backups of Xbox-Live compatible games I shouldn't use on the service (i.e. they will get me banned).

I hope isonews isn't down for the count, it was a great resource for the community.

prime

ok, iso news is down because of a problem with their hosts, thats all i can tell you on that.

on the subject of xblive as it stands you will need to load the original bios (not any bios in your matrix) and delete any save games/settings from any beta versions of games and any action replay/gameshark type codes. HOWEVER best bet is to stay clear of xblive at least for the time being untill checks can be completed and a workaround can be found. if you desperatly need to play xblive then best bet is to pop down to your local kwik-e-mart and grab yourself a new xbox from the bargain bin then use that online in an unmodified form.

Oh and be sure that you copy your xblive settings to a memory card because that allows you to migrate your account to a new box if yours ever dies.

abcman, once again thanks for the help!

Maniac, that was a great link, thank you. I am the only one of my friends who is even aware of isonews, places like this, etc., and because of that, I Am pretty ignorant of useful sources like that website unless I stumble upon them. Don't even let me get into the fact that I can't get 0 day warez :) But all I need is my games anyways hehe

===============================
For you xbox owners with MAtrix mod chip, here is the state of xbox live:

This is the best thread that everyone with questions about Xbox live should check out:

http://xbox-scene.fxp.info/index.php?act=ST&f=21&t=13089

So for us Matrix users (or any mod chip users) it seems like the best thign to do is to wait a few days in order to verify IF mod chip detection indeed exists.

There have been reports that some matrix users with mode3 enabled have been able to playonline, but why chance it unless you are willing to spend $200 US on another xbox if you are wrong...

prime

yeah, spike_uk's nforce is pretty good, hes a good guy but some of the lads that do the updating are sometimes a little behind.

x69's vcdquality is pretty good for video stuff and not too bad for xbox but it misses everything else.

Thanks flyby2001 I added that link too, just in case.

Those links are pretty helpful right now considering isonews is down.

prime