What do u think of this...?

I recently built a new pc for myself, got tired of all the junk that was on offer on the ready made PC's. This is the 1st time i have dbuilt a pc, before this i use to use a laptop and didnt have any knowledge about hardware at all!
Anyway what do u think?

Abit KG7-RAID
AMD ATHLON 1.4GHZ/266 FSB
768MB (3X256) DDR PC2100 ECC REGISTERED "CRUCIAL Memory"
2xIBM 60GXP 60GB 7200RPM 2MB CASHE
ATI Radeon 64MB DDR VIVO (AGP)
Creative SB Live! Plat 5.1
3Com 10/100 NIC
Plextor 16x10x40
Pioneer DVD (dvd106s)
Iiyama Vision Master Pro 452 19" (0.25) Diamondtron CRT

using Win2000 Pro SP2

N.B.

Staff member
For a AMD processor I would suggest to you, to buy a good cooler.
Myself using a Taisol cooler. Not that cheap, but good quality, and you won´t get problems with too much heat :p
Buying a Plextor is surely another good thing ..
and I use a Pioneer DVD as well. I am very pleased with it !
Especiallyi bcz it uses the Slot-In technology, which is pretty handy ...
RAM is very cheap right now, so 768 MB is afordable ...
and using Win 2k is surely one of the best ways .. :)

U seem to be gettin me wrong...its alreday built and running.
I have had no problems at all.

Im thinking about making a move to WinXP Pro...do u think this is a good idea???

Maxamus looks like a nice system.I think a move to Xp would be fine as long as you do a fresh install versus an upgrade.Read all the Xp info in the news and info section.The most important being in XP tips for cd writing aspi,and disabling native XP writing software..;)

Oh... keep the Via drivers installed with XP for best performance.

It all boils down to personal preference - which drives ..etc you use. I prefer the new Seagate IV's. I'm using the 60gig 7200 rpm. I also am using the Athlon 1.4 266FSB w/ a Antec JetCool HS/F On a Asus A7M DDR board with 512mb of Crucial ram. In addition, the GeForce 3 vid card, Plex 24/10/40, LiteOn 16x DVD, SB 5.1 Live, Antec SX 840 case w/ 400W power supply, Samsung 955DF Monitor, D-Link 10/100 NIC, and Win XP Pro. Killer system and I built it myself also. Got about $1,200 US wrapped up in it. It pays to shop around, but be careful who you deal with if ordering online because if you have to return something it could be hell dealing with online shops after they already have your money!