what cd writer can burn RAW MODE1 2048 ?? a Dual Layer DVD Writer would be perfect

I have an image from the sega saturn game skeleton warriors.

what writer can burn this in RAW MODE 2048.

ich now have the SONY CRX 210E1. This should burn it, but it does not support the required mode.

Du to that cd writers will die it would be perfect, if someone could tell me if any Dual Layer DVD Writer can burn RAW MODE1 2048 ?

zipperhead15 said:
I have an image from the sega saturn game skeleton warriors.

what writer can burn this in RAW MODE 2048.

ich now have the SONY CRX 210E1. This should burn it, but it does not support the required mode.

Du to that cd writers will die it would be perfect, if someone could tell me if any Dual Layer DVD Writer can burn RAW MODE1 2048 ?

To be honest,I've never heard of Raw Mode1 2048......AFAIK,Mode1 2048 is the standard .iso format and contains only cooked data without any subchannel data
A raw mode I'm aware of,is Mode1 2352,which can contain extra tracks and additional info(for example copyprotection info)

well but if i burn an iso file , and in the cue File is written MODE1 2048 ( i mean if i select burn in raw Mode ) then i gives me the message that the task was rejected by the recorder.

in MOde 2352 it works fine

None of course, because MODE1/2048 is not RAW data- rather scrambled/cooked.
Obviously you are using bad software (at least for your recorder). Try to ignore the cuesheet, rename .bin to .iso by hand and burn the image as a normal ISO image.
Finally, the ONLY cue/bin image that can be burned to DVD is a MODE1/2048 .bin image, the others don't use compliant filesystems- so you must burn them to CD instead.

Last edited:
but if i download a sega saturn game there is most times an iso file and mpc trackls.

so i convert mp3 to wave and then use sega cue maker to create a cue file , and the cue file.

FILE "guardian.iso" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
INDEX 01 00:00:00
POSTGAP 00:02:00
FILE "Track No02.wav" wave
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
FILE "Track No03.wav" wave
TRACK 03 AUDIO
FILE "Track No04.wav" wave
TRACK 04 AUDIO

But i have a problem. ether i cannot hear music during game ( for example in fighters megamix, wheere all 32 Game tracks during fighting are in audio cd format ( the sega saturn always tries to read but it sound like it does not find anything )

or the game does not even start after the sega logo ( skeleton warriors )

or the game comes to the title screen and when i press start nothing happens ( shinobi X )

other games, like fighting vipers work perfectly but they are also in standart iso format

what should i do ??

That cue can be burned only as mixed mode CD, not RAW or whatever else. And it is not "raw mode 2048", only the first (data) track is recorded in mode2/2048, the others are recorded typically as raw audio datastreams without CD-Text or subchannel data info (mode2/2352).
Most burning apps will burn that cuesheet as multisession, the second session (audio) being normally inaccessible.
Easiest way should be loading the .cue to Daemon Tools and then trying to do 1:1 copy of the virtual CD- but this might also not work.
The only thing that should "almost always" work is using a remastering application, extracting the ISO contents to the data track of the mixed mode CD, adding the audio tracks and keeping the ISO volume descriptor intact.