want to play your old DOS games in winXP?

Glidos is an app that lets you run old DOS games like TOMB RAIDER and DESCENT also many others in winXP with accelerated graphics, if you have some of this oldies and want to play them back again take a look at this site:

http://www.glidos.net/

TR1 worked for me under XP (with lots of glitches- i must admit... screen freezing when changing levels and all that stuff...), so this is welcome, although I doubt I wll re-play TR1.

weboneando said:
Glidos is an app that lets you run old DOS games like TOMB RAIDER and DESCENT also many others in winXP with accelerated graphics, if you have some of this oldies and want to play them back again take a look at this site:

http://www.glidos.net/
Thanks 4 that,weboneando.I`ve got lots of old DOS stuff that I wouldn`t mind reviving,just for the memories...:) :)

The wife has long since identified me as a computer junkie/addict as I keep a pentium 300mhz and a 486 machine to run old favorites that just do not like the faster machines... I know, it is truely a sad sad thing....

jmtrash said:
The wife has long since identified me as a computer junkie/addict as I keep a pentium 300mhz and a 486 machine to run old favorites that just do not like the faster machines... I know, it is truely a sad sad thing....
Yeah-it is truly a sad,sad thing that there`s not a lot of full backward compatibilty...At least M$ have finally caught on by integrating it (DOS/(95/98/W2K compatibility mode) into XP...It only works up to a point though...I`ve got a lot of DOS stuff on floppy,before the advent of CD-ROM..Some on 5 1/4 inch disks,some on 3 1/2 inch disks.Might try putting `em all on CD,then work out how to make `em install in sequence (floppy images?..but without the prompts..."Please insert disk 1,etc.") What does everyone think?

The best way to run your old fav games in your current machine is VMware 4... working flawlessly, although I must admit it's quite expensive to be used as a game emulator! :D