VOB Insant CD/DVD 6.X

Just installed VOB Insant CD/DVD 6.4 as per advice from pokopiko
about burning bin/cue in vcd/svcd format... Main Problem is .. I'm trying to burn a 722mb .bin on a 80 min (702mb) cd and it won't let me overburn.. Maybe I'm missing something...

Also.. I'm kind of a newbie, but there are like 13 choice options in the create one of the following disc types menu... I assume if I'd want to burn a .bin file I'd choose the profile "disc image" seeing as (.bin+cue=ISO)... However, there is another/seperate profile option for "RAW/ISO data"..? Trying to burn a svcd in .bin/cue format..

Or...

If I used the disc creation wizard... then I suppose it's as easy as just select "track from a physical image"....thanks...

Last edited:
Never mind.. I think I figured the overburn feature out..... have to write a cd in DAO and then click ignore when it says there's no more room... How successful the program is at the task is something I'll see in about 10min...

pokopiko said:
You normally dont need to overburn for burning 722 MB .bin to 700 MB CD. Can you copypaste the .cue file here?
Sure... question 4 you first though.... when you select "track from a physical image" in the cd wizard it doesn't ask or show .cue files unless you go to all files... Is the propper method to load an image file in this program is just to select the .bin file(how would the program determine which mode) or would you click all files... then select the cue file (would this in turn then load the .bin)also.. I tried to burn the cd without checking the "use direct write option" ... during simulation write on the first cd the process error'ed out about 1.6mb before the end of data... Same thing when I tried to burn the other 724mb .bin for the 2nd cd.... althought the error message for the 2nd cd was something to the effect of "I had reached the end of area) ..

One other thing I couldn't find was the option to "Determine CD capacity" as was stated in the help contents in refference to overwrite... ... hoping this program is working properly..... I downloaded the 6.4 trial from VOB's homepage and applied the
Lash crack to the .dll time file...

Sorry for all the questions... just figured I'd give this program a try since you recommended it for burning vcd/svcd/dvd without information loss...

Last edited:
One thing I noticed is that the .cue file for the .bin is a Mode 2 file.. I didn't notice a selection for mode 2 under any of the cd disc size prefferences in this program...

Nero is just a check mark....

Attachments

Last edited:
pokopiko said:
This is a typical not-so-perfect image of a VCD, which should be nevertheless working...
According to the specs the first data track should be in mode2/2048 bytes per sector, while the video stream track at mode2/2336 bytes per sector. But some dumb imaging programs (CDRwin, FantomCD etc) prefer to store the tracks in RAW mode rather. This is "almost" OK, although the disk made this way will be very sensitive to scratches etc, as there is no error correction info stored in it.
For copying this one with VOB select either the Instant Copy module, or the "disk image" option in Instant CD. When prompted, put in "RAW data" as burning mode. If VOB refuses to burn as RAW data this means that it uses just a generic MMC driver for your burner, and you have to assign a driver allowing RAW writing by hand.
I take it this program is geared more towards the experienced burner.... :( Ok so I select "Raw data" from under the "write" tab.. Would I select a profile? or leave it blank... and under the "general" tab would I select from Raw 16 subchannel, Raw 96 subchannel, or Raw no subchannel...

Looks like I'm off to skim that faq at h**p://www.cdrfaq.org/

Re: Chocco

joripe said:
I have edited your post re the direct link these are not allowed - please read the Rulez - Tnx:cool:

Oops.. sorry bout that...

Question for you and pokopiko .. is there an IRC channel or someway to chat with you guys? server/channel? would make this a little easier.. thanks again...