virus scanner....

anyone know a very good virus scanner i can get??..and where to get it at....one that is able to scan everything and wont miss or skip any viruses or trojans....

Tommie said:
anyone know a very good virus scanner i can get??..and where to get it at....one that is able to scan everything and wont miss or skip any viruses or trojans....
try www.symantec.com, you can get norton antivirus 2004 pro from there, most popular virus scanner, works great, scans everything.

The latest update to AVG 6 includes some sort of "micro update" system, so that subsequent updates **from control centre on schedule or update now** should be smaller.

NB. Doe to the reduction of the FREE version to a single update server, and current demand levels, getting AVG to update can be pretty slow... try again, or preferably try at other times until you succeed. And if you do use the auto-update, avoid obvious times like on the hour and 15 mins etc.

No idea how much longer the free version will be updated for, and it does NOT score terribly well on tests - but then, you also get people saying "it found one that XXXX missed"

Just reminded me....
http://www.command.co.uk/html/offers/
Read the right mag (or perhaps even if you don't - naughty!) and you seem to be able to get a regular 1 year offer on this one - It uses the F-Prot engine, I believe

Last edited:
hrmms....

u guys named alot of virus scanner....now i dont really know which one to get....im curious which one do u guys think is the best??..

I personally think NOD32 (www.nod32.com) is one of the best, altough it's not free, I paid for it and am very satisfied... Low on resources and fast scanning along with a quasi-perfect score in virus bulletin magazine, conviced me...

Nizmo

I went to download the AVG virus scanner and now it says to put in a licence code. Do i have to buy this code or is it on there website somewere. Or do i get the 30 day trial one? i thought u meant it was fully free and i get the full version

Did you get the free edition from here?
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

I know you used to have to register, not sure how it works now as it's ages since I used AVG - last time I installed V7 free, I though it filled the code in automatically, though that may be because V6 had been installed.

I had a feeling that "get registration code" was in the install dialog?

Avast! Home is pretty close to the definition of the perfect freeware. Factly, its more accurate and feature rich than most commercial virus scanners.

Last edited:

r0nd0

Like Serjer & Scarecrow said Avast Home, has been good for me no probs since I started using it, best free Antivirus about with regular updates.