VirtualDub error when merging 2 files

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberNoiD

Hi, I want to join 2 avi files in XviD format. I get this error: the video streams have different data formats. I also get a similair error message in the Filmmachine when I click make dvd.
What can I do about this?

Vincent

I just had the same problem trying to convert "The Aviator" I obtained from BitTorrent(I hope I'm not breaking any rules mentioning that". I searched on Google but nearly all references to the error were in foreign languages. Checking the files with GSpot didn't tell me what the difference was. I tried
a couple of programs to join them with no luck. One gave me the same error - at least that indicated that the problem didn't lie with VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod. Avi Joiner did join them creating a garbled 1200mb avi from two 700mb files. When I tried stripping and rebuilding the headers with DivFix(I've no idea if that would help but willing to try anything) I received an error saying there was an unexpected end to the header. I gave up in the end as both files played on my Philips DVP-642 without conversion but I would have preferred a proper DVD with chapters. I mentioned it was "The Aviator" in case it was the exact same files giving you the problem.
Sorry I couldn't provide a solution after all my rambling but I am also curious for an answer just in case I encounter the same problem again.

You're breaking the rules by mentioning that,dude......
The dvd isn't officially available yet,and in most countries,even if you have it, you're not allowed to download copyrighted material....

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.