Videoclips in different formats

vernon

Hi All,
I have a folder with some ( roughly 100) videoclips of different format (.wmv, mpeg, .mov) inside and of different size ( from 1 to 30 MB total 1,15 GB) and would like to see them with my dvd player ( it reads also videocds). I wonder what is the best way to see them ( dvd? videocd?) and in which way should I create this support. For my DVDs I used a software to convert ( MPEG encoder) and then a program such as TMPGconv to edit and burn but now I don't know what to do.
Thanks a lot for your help/Fabio

vernon said:
No replies???

NOT EVERYONE can be on the forum at the same time to provide answers 24/7 :)

its not an easy task to do with one program you will no doubt have to use several programs to get an end result :)

firstly you will need to convert them all to mpeg 1 or 2 but check your player supports either of these formats or you will need to convert them to something it can read :)

there are many programs out there that claim to be able to do batch conversions but most of us find better results using individual programs :)

DVD from Files

vernon said:
Hi All,
I have a folder with some ( roughly 100) videoclips of different format (.wmv, mpeg, .mov) inside and of different size ( from 1 to 30 MB total 1,15 GB) and would like to see them with my dvd player ( it reads also videocds). I wonder what is the best way to see them ( dvd? videocd?) and in which way should I create this support. For my DVDs I used a software to convert ( MPEG encoder) and then a program such as TMPGconv to edit and burn but now I don't know what to do.
Thanks a lot for your help/Fabio
If the files are not high resolution, you could convert them to VCD, then use something like DVD Author to make into a DVD to burn. Can fit a lot more on the DVD, VCDs do not get converted again, and will play in almost any DVD player since VCD on DVD is a DVD spec. Just use TMPG Encoder to make them all VCD MPGs first, then author to DVD with menus, etc.

If the files are SVCD quality or higher, you should probably go to MPG2/DVD format and just make more DVDs to hold them to avoid quality loss.

gijs_schouten

winavi converter

Hi there... i think you should give winavi converter a try... that program can handle a lot of different types and also in batch mode... super fast but quality sometimes poor...