vcd on dvdr and on cdr

i've been messing with putting a few vcds on dvdr recently and while doing it i found a better way for me to create vcd's i rip the dvd to hdd using smart ripper or dvd decrypt and merge the files so i end up with 1 big vob file the use tmpgenc 2.54 and open up the vob by selecting all file types in the list at the bottom.it finds the vob and then i just tell it to use the vcd profile for ntsc or pal,the results are better than dvdx which was good enough.for the vcd to dvdr i found a template called schizons no1.mfc which make a vcd sized mpeg2 with 48k audio which is needed for dvdr build.

Hi ya..
could u please attach the schizons no1.mfc template please
as i have been after this for ages..

You can load your VOBs directly into TMPGEnc but it will not accept the audio within. It needs to be extracted & converted separately. Encoding time is about 50% slower than using DVD2AVI, which separates the Audio for you as well.

E

elpresidente

hmm..why do u convert the original audio... do it chickenmans way with DVD2AVI and use the original Audio file ;)
I know you r talking about VCD to DVD but it seems u r talking about low quality Mpeg2 to DVD ;) to fit more than 1 on a DVDr

greetz

audio? schizons4duese

the audio is there on the finished vcd which is normall ac3 when i start,the main reason i've done it this way is that i am trying to do a movie called jay+silent bob strike back but when i sepperate the audio and video the .m2v is 82mins but the .ac3 is 104 mins which is correct?it a multi angle dvd.will dvd2avi keep the audio and vid same size. yes elpresidente 'm just trying to get 3-4 vcds on a disc but just for fun as i know the quality is not brill.but i'll try it chicken mans way,as for slow encoding it takes about 3-4 hours with the best setting ans i still like the results,but if it can be as good in half the time even better.and i'll hopully attach schizon no.1 for duese with this post if it is not there i'll do another post.

Attachments

E

elpresidente

hmm.. I think it is the 82min audio... cause u demultiplexed the Mpeg2 file ...

hmm... but take care with chickenmans guide & putting them on DVD-r I don´t know if the resolution of VCDs is DVD compliant ... maybe u have to choose another resolution...

greetz