VAIO laptop running !HOT!

02coled

Hello
as shown in the picture attached the tempertues shown by mobmeter of my VAIO laptop running at 80celcius and only running AOL and MSN is this normall or does the laptop need some cooling attention
thanks
Damian Cole

Attachments

are you charging it at the same time as using it !??

this could/may cause a temp rise :)

a simple solution would be to lift it off the desk or whatever using two slats of wood so its got air flow underneath :)

you can also buy laptop cooling units with fans in that you stand it on when using it on a desk etc :)

02coled

hello
yes i do charge it whilst using it whell the battery management does anyhow. And yes i have 4 bit of half inch foam lifting it higher than the standard feet already
thanks
Damian Cole

My laptop gets very hot too, and not due to the CPU (it has a Pentium Mobile 2.0 Ghz chip, which is working at fairly low temps...) But the Nvidia 6600 Go chip gets damn hot, and I'm unable to do much about it... In your case, there is an Nvidia GPU (admittedly a more conservative one...) AND a regular Prescott CPU. Prescotts are world famous for their ability to fry eggs positioned some 10 cm away of them, personally I would never consider a Prescott as CPU for my laptop ( I do have two of them in my desktop machines, and both work fine- but they DO get hot...).