Used P4 Cpu's

02coled

hello
if i was to purchase a secound hand cpu most likely p4 skt 478( 3.0-3.4ghz) would it still work fine. Obviuosly I wouldnt buy one that hade been OVERCLOCKED before, can the cpu have worn out through overuse or deteriated as I was wondering as I would love to get a P4 but the NEW prices look so high and the secound hand seem to glow at you and make you go ermmm maybe
thanks
damian cole
P.S. does any one know were cheap P4 cpus can br brought NEW/USED

02coled said:
hello
if i was to purchase a secound hand cpu most likely p4 skt 478( 3.0-3.4ghz) would it still work fine. Obviuosly I wouldnt buy one that hade been OVERCLOCKED before, can the cpu have worn out through overuse or deteriated as I was wondering as I would love to get a P4 but the NEW prices look so high and the secound hand seem to glow at you and make you go ermmm maybe
thanks
damian cole
P.S. does any one know were cheap P4 cpus can br brought NEW/USED

i would say its a risk to take for pre owned... a new one would have a 12 month warrenty no doubt but more costly as you pointed out.... a pre owned although cheap .. how would you even know if its been over clocked once its out of the machine !? :confused:

I pushed $200 for a brand new PIV HT 3.0Ghz, 800 FSB, 1M L2, PGA-478 some ten days ago.
They aren't any cheaper than PGA-775 cpu's at the moment. You should get a used one with at least 60% discount, else it's not worth the risk.