TS-L462A -- Region free firmware?

HiBob

I have not been able to find firmware for this drive, I found some newer firmware off of softpedia, but there's no info about it.

The situation seems like it will stay this way (no region free firmware). Will DVD region free work even though in NERO it says: RPCII, a check mark beside CSS and CPRM?

Thanks in advance for finding DVD Region free firmware and/or answering my second question :D

Merry Christmas!

USE a program such as ANYDVD from slysoft and bypass the region codes on any disks just make sure ANYDVD is running in the taskbar before inserting the disk :)

...or (cough, cough) use Linux...
The universal de-css decoding library is absolutely firmware independent, your disk will playback even if your firmware has become region locked to another region... This is something close to the way anydvd works, but with less fuss and less money to shed...

HiBob

thanks guys, I have actually used DVD Region+CSS Free before and installed it on this computer, totally forgot that it worked on RPCII, but it's easy to use and only starts up when a program uses a dvd,

thanks again!!!! Merry Christmas!!