Trying to burn SVCD but image is 805mb? how do i do it?

blink0r

Alright, i'm gonna make this short and sweet.

I'm a newb, but not new to burning dvd's or anything. I've tried for the past hour to solve my problem but i can't. Here it goes.

I downloaded a movie, and i'm trying to burn it. It won't burn as a DVD, because it's an SVCD. So i try to burn ithe imagine in nero, except the .bin is 805mb, and it keeps telling me to insert a cd that provides more space. How the heck do i burn this svcd?

I'm used to burning onto dvd-r's, where space is never an issue. But this has stumped me, because it won't burn on a dvd and the cd-r's don't have enough space on them.

I'm confuzzled. Thanks.

use burnatonce or alcohol 120% to burn this image load it into the burning software using the .cuefile :)

or load the image into dvd decrypter and burn to cdr using iso file burn :)

if you still want to use nero you need to extract the mpg2 with isobuster choose to extract m2f2 frames and you may need to give the file the extension .mpg if it appears after extraction as an unassociated icon :)

then load nero, choose to make an svcd and load the mpg in and burn :)

if it still fails you may need to choose overburn in preferences in nero to allow it to overburn the disk by a few seconds :)

note also if you have chosen to extract the mpg you can re author it with your dvd software such as tmpgenc dvd author , maestro or dvdlab by loading it into them and compiling the dvd as per dvd compilations ... altho this would be pretty much a waste of space on a dvdr so maby you could make it a multi dvd or just burn to a dvdrw :)

if your dvd player supports mpg playback then just burn to a dvdr or dvdr as a data disk and play it back with no conversion :)

The (S)VCD format uses 2336 bytes/sector (mode 2 form 2) instead of 2048 bytes/sector (data with error correction).

An 805Mb image may need a very small overburn on 80 minute media, but well within the expected capability of 80min media (even if it errors before completing the leadout), so long as your drive supports overburning.

If you don't have a CUE file to go with the BIN, you'll need a tool such as Cuemaker that can create a matching cue (it understands VCD/SVCD enough to do that)