Trying to backup DVD files

I have some video/audio capture files I would like to backup

They are in the .MV2 and .WAV format and I don't want to burn and convert them to DVD I just want to backup those files for later use.

The group of files consist of about 5gb so I would also like to compress them onto a single layer DVD if possible. If not I do have some dual layer disks I can use. (yes I have a dual layer burner also)

I have Nero 7.0 and when I try to burn them as a DVD (iso) it says one of the files are over 2gb and I need to use UDF.

So I try using DVD (udf)
Using single layer disk: It spits the disk out stating there is not enough room
Using dual layer disk: It fails and has this as the last 2 lines…..
Generating DVD borders completed successfully
Burn process failed at 2.4x (3,324 kb/s)

Not sure what this mean but Nero is recognizing the dual disk size

I also tried using the ‘Backup’ option on High/slow compression using a single layer disk and it looked like it was going to work but then asked for the second disk. I have not tried a dual disk because it renames the files and I’d rather find a way to do it using the ISO or UDF method.

I’m sure this can be done
Thanks for any help you can give,
Debbie

I would simply author the mv2 and wav together with TMPGEnc DVD Author, then use Shrink or similar to reduce it down to dvdr size. Then use VOBEdit to demux out the mv2 & wav files and burn them to a DVDR as a data disk selecting UDF format.

OK
Sorry but I don't know what "author" or "demux out" mean.

This sound so complicated.

I was able to capture VCR to .AVI using my TV-Tuner, edit and convert to the .MV2 and .WAV file using Adobe Premier and then burn to DVD using MyDVD with a bit of trail and error and what you are discribbing sound more complex.

It seems silly that I can't just use Nero to burn the files as data files onto a DVD.