Tmpegenc Guides

Hey Chickenman
Used your dvd2svcd and dvd 2 vcd guides
and what can I say but Bang On,

Very easy to use and good quality although dvd2svcd takes an age to finnish.

One thing I noticed though was that tmpegenc can open vob's
directly although it only opens one at a time,

Was just wondering if it was pos to get tmpegenc to open all vob's at the same time ? or is opening vob files directly in tmpegenc not recommended ?

As far as vcd goes Dvd2avi is an essential part of the process giving u a seperate soundtrack with the attributes of it set to maximise the encoding process. The other file that dvd2avi creates is just an instruction to Tmpgenc of which vob files to use.
Svcd I dont know, as like shadoe phantom has said before, I dont encode them as the "Chickenman Standard" vcd is so good its not worth the compatability hassles of so many dvd standalones as its only about 10% down on a good svcd.
My Fowl-Master may have other ideas and I kneel before him!!lol!

Fowl Master, you mean the Pleasant Pheasant Plucker ?

Not a good idea to load a VOB file in directlty. The late TMPGEncs can handle VOB files but cant handle the Audio component so that would have to be encoded separatly. Encoding time is slower than if done via the DVD2AVI *.MPV file. Also, unless you used SmartRipper and Stream stripped, you could end up with a lot of other (different angle shots) stuff you dont want in the final mpg.

Stay with the DVD2AVI step, its not a big step time wise.