TDK 24x10x40

Has anyone purchased or used this burner?
Im thinking about buying one and would like the
lowdown on the model.
Thanks!

Hi bud.Welcome to the forum!The Tdk is an okay burner.If you want to backup most of the current Pc games,it is a bad choice.It can't write Safedisc2.Most of the new games are being released with that type of protection.:)

tdk 24/10/40

hay there i have the tdk 24/10/40
i think its a good burner
i havent had a problem burning safe disk 2
i have burned games like NHL2002
i belive its more about the software you use
as long as the dive supports the basics
i used blind read made an image
and fire burnner to burn it
and eveything runs fine

hikari

Hi bud.Welcome to the forum!Glad you are having good luck with the TDK.You must be doing something right because none of the Tdk's will write Safedisc2 properly.The Clone cd writers list verifies it can't do correct EFM encoding.

Are you playing these games from the writer or a dvdrom drive?The TDK should only make backups that work in the writer itself,or a few dvdrom drives.

:)

hay woody

Accualy i have bin playing a burn of NHL 2002 on a DVD drive on my Labtop may be i was lucky i dont know
but iused blindread and imaged the cd with a ISO and Cue
then Loaded the Cue in Fireburner and burned it
but i just currently upgraded from win2k to XP
could you tell me if you know if there are any layers that support Xp yet havnet bin able to find any so bin stuck using nero latley
thanks
hikari

Yep,the aspi layers for Win 2K will work.I think N.B. has the aspi files at the Cdrsoft site.Look under his downloads.Forceaspi will also work.:)

Oh forgot to add,some burning software won't work with Xp.You should also disable the recording software in Xp.After the aspi update, go to>my computer>right click on the writer icon>properties>recording>uncheck enable reording box, and apply.:)