TAGES copy protection

Woody,
How are you? Wondering where you been and I found out I been hanging in the wrong forum. DER. You are in the right place, i was the one messed up. Woody, you hand around in any forums relating to Direct TV, satellite tv crap. I see a guy named Woody in there and thought it was you because he is from Canada and has Woody Woodpecker on his replies. I have a friend here in the states that got me interested in Satellite TV. Woody, see you around and have a great holiday season.

Poon

Hi Poon.Welcome to the forum!You were in the right forum,I moved over here a couple of months ago.I was a mod at the other forum for quite a while.

Interesting, that there is another Woody dealing with satellite tv,and using the same gif. idea!I had a chance to get in on the ground floor with satellite tv in Canada.I was going to modify the circuit boards in the receivers for a friend.I was also asked to build some circuit boards to protect the receivers.The systems pirate U.S. signals,and needed to be modified to prevent "zapping"by Direct Tv.I could have learned to program the cards to receive all channels too,but I never did bother with it!Probably a mistake on my part!I could have made some good cash with it.The interest just wasn't there really,so now my knowledge of satellite tv is nil.

Hope you have a nice holiday season too bud,and stop by often!;)

woody,
i am only slightly familiar with Satellite TV. I subscribe to Direct TV for the picture. I also have digital cable just in the living room and the dish picture is even better than digital cable. I'll tell you one thing pal, they been hashing the hell outta cards lately. I know some people who "borrow" the satellite signal and their cards have been in and out every other day. I try to walk the fine line as much as I can. I keep my borrowing to software, and only do that periodically. I purchase far more software than I borrow. Mostly friends sharing games between each other. The reason I must keep cable is to catch the Philly Flyer, who have been stinking it up mind you, and they are not on the dish. Even the hockey package doesn't insure every game. Something like 35 per week. Well Woody, glad to see you again and enough of this off topic stuff. I got you bookmarked now so I wil be seeing you around.

Poon

Yep,I know about the borrowing!People have to get their cards repaired on a fairly frequent basis.So it really isn't free afterall.Don't need the headaches myself,although there is some technology to protect your card.

Yeah, gotta watch those Flyers!I watch the Canadiens *sigh*.I have cable service for tv and internet,so I have no need for satellite.

Yep,if the software works,buy it.Nothing worse than buying software that doesn't work!Clone cd works,I bought it!Same goes for hardware,look at the Liteon 24102B.People are buying it because it does what the people want.Same goes for the Plextor 2410A!

Anyway,enough rambling,talk to you later!;)