SVCD problems

I recently bought a new DVD player so I could watch VCD and SVCD somewhere other than my computer. The first model I bought, a memorex, was having problems with every SVCD I played. VCD's worked fine. If I put a SVCD in, it plays fine for the first 4 - 5 mins, then it skips and gets blocky. I returned the Memorex and got a Daewoo that was on sale and the epinions and vcdhelp forum people both gave it very good reviews. Same problem with the SVCD's. My friend brought over his SVCD's and they play fine!!!

We both use Nero (latest version) with the SVCD plugin. We double checked all the settings and they are the same. The next step was to encode the mpg file into a bin/cue using VCDEasy (I cant burn with VCDEasy because it shuts the computer off if I try.) I then burned the bin file using CDRWin. Same problem. Granted, the skips and blocks were a little better, but not much. I have tried using Sony CD-r's and Kypermedia (the brand my friend uses for his SVCD's that work.) I have a Sony RX660 tower running WinXPSP1. The cd-r drive is a TEAC CD-W524E firmware 2.0a. I looked for a firmware upgrade and could not find one.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Joseph

I had som problems playing my homeburned VCD's, but when i started to burn at 4x speed, They was playing fine.

Thanks for the tips, I burned a SVCD at 4x and played it for 15 mins, not even a blip!! Here I was thinking it was software or a setting or something and it was just the speed.

Thanks