Stream recording back to hard drive

knarf

I have built up various spoken word wav files on cds over the past year but now i want to copy them from the cds back on to my hard drive but i can not copy them from my cd can anyone help.

What program do you use to extract those files?Do they still play on your computer?
Please give us as much info as possible,so that we're able to help you...:)

Or did you master your waves back to an AudioCD and not as *.wav to an DataCD?
As Roady said, we need more information. :)

Greetings from
Duracell

knarf

Stream recording back to Hard drive2

I capture a stream with rawwaverecorder then i top and tail with Nero Wave Editor (top and tail is some thing i will come back to later) this is burnt on to a cd with nero 6 0 0 23 I run xp home, 1gb ram, athlon 2600 is this enough? :confused:

knarf said:
this is burnt on to a cd with nero
What CD compilation sheme did you use in Nero?
Are your CDs compatible with standalone CD players? so this means they are real AudioCDs;

knarf said:
Its nero 6 and burnt to cd as a *wav file :confused:
When you put these CDs in, you can still see the *wav files in Windows' explorer? But you can't drag&drop them back to HDD?
Does an error message occurs? Which one?

Or you can't see any CD content in Windows' explorer?

knarf

Streams back to hard drive

I drag a .wav file in nero and burn it but when i explore the cd the files have changed to a .cda file extension There is no error mesage but it just drags an image on to my desk top Thanks

You can't drag and drop a .cda file.....you need to extract the cd with a audio cd ripping program......
Use Nero StartSmart's "audio" option -->expert mode--"rip audiotracks" option and follow the needed steps....don't forget to save the files as .wav

Ps there are better alternatives to rip your cd's.....for example:CDex is extremely easy to use and produces better results than Nero.