Strange thing happening with cce


New member
Hi All, I've not been on here for over a year,lol.
I set my computer up using Chicken Man's(How to covert .avi to Dvd tutorial) and I've now converted well over 300 .avi's using that method.
I am currently using DVD2VCD 1.2.2 build 3 , D2SRoBa v3.60 , CCE 2.66.
I've used this combo for some time now without any problems(I realise there's newer versions of some of the programs but these worked fine until now)

So here's the problem, I have 6 downloaded 1/2 hour TV Programs I want to convert.(2 dvd's 3 episodes on each, easy enough.)

Converted the first episode no problems at all.:D

The other ones, the audio conversion goes to plan but when CCE starts it says theres only 240 frames, encodes them in about 5 seconds then freezes.:(
I think there should be around 42,500(approx) frames or something.

Before encoding I done the usual things like Restart,Turn off all other programs including Antivirus, I even disable my Internet Connection and never use the computer while encoding.Defragged last week also.

Here's the DVD2SVCD log up until the freeze.Any help appreciated,Thanx in advance, Ronnie.:)

(I've removed the name of the file)

- 22/12/2005 11:27:50
- AVI to SVCD Conversion
- AVI2DVD ver. 1.2.2 build 3
- F:\xxxxxxxxxxxxx.avi
Initializing finished.

- 22/12/2005 11:27:52
- Free on drive C: 3428.54 mb
- Free on drive F: 12139.75 mb
- AUDIO Extraction
Audio extraction finished.

- 22/12/2005 11:28:00
- Free on drive C: 3428.54 mb
- Free on drive F: 12112.38 mb
- AUDIO conversion
- 22/12/2005 11:28:02
- Free on drive C: 3428.54 mb
- Free on drive F: 12112.38 mb
- AUDIO conversion

Converting MP2 to WAV. Filename: F:\DVD2SVCD\Extracted_audio_1.mpa
Executing MADPlay (mp2 to wav). Commandline:
"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\MADPlay\madplay.exe" --quiet --output=wave:"F:\DVD2SVCD\Encoded_audio_1.mp2.wav" "F:\DVD2SVCD\Extracted_audio_1.mpa"
Conversion (mp2 to wav) of F:\DVD2SVCD\Extracted_audio_1.mpa finished.

Encoding Audio. Filename: F:\DVD2SVCD\Extracted_audio_1.mpa
Executing BeSweet. Commandline:
"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "F:\DVD2SVCD\Encoded_audio_1.mp2.wav" -output "F:\DVD2SVCD\Encoded_audio_1.mp2" -logfile "F:\DVD2SVCD\Encoded_audio_1.log" ) -ota( -g max ) -shibatch( --rate 48000 ) -2lame( -e -b 384 -m s )
Audio conversion of F:\DVD2SVCD\Extracted_audio_1.mpa finished.

Audio conversion finished.

- 22/12/2005 11:30:08
- Free on drive C: 3428.54 mb
- Free on drive F: 11720.98 mb
- Video Encoding using Cinema Craft

Executing Cinema Craft Encoder.
StreamSectors: 1148025788
AudioSectors: 83533856
VideoPAPO: 16489548
ScanOffsetBytes: 64127
SeqAligningBytes: 4075595
DVDBytes: 0
VideoEndHeader: 4
SubtitleSectors: 0
EmptySectors: 238.00
PictureSectors: 0.00
PureMPEGStream: 1043862658.17
Seconds: 1717.04
CalcMPEGStream: 1043862658.17
Frames: 42751
CDSize: 1100.00
Number of CDs: 1
Cut point 1096.00
Variable Settings:
Frames: 42751
Anti Noise Filter: Off
Passes: 1
Image Quality: 17
VAF file creation: On
Video Encoding Mode: One Pass VBR
Q. Factor: 2
Min. bitrate: 200
Max. bitrate: 4863
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic (no borders, encoded as 16:9)

---AVS Begin---
Import("C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Tylo\RoBaConditional.avs")
----AVS End----


New member
Hi bionic, tried what you said, Backed up and ran them through Divfix and it reported no errors, but I tried anyway and the same thing happened again, CCE only sees 240 frames, lol.

The .avi's play fine, I've watched them all.

I have converted some other files today and everything was normal.

Thanks for reply anyway bionic, appreciated m8.

NP m8 :)

You could try a direct stream run through virtualdub/mod.
Or AVIDeFreezer.
Usually if neither of these three dont fix it i tend to turn to winavi.
Quality is WAY below what cce produces though, but its fast and (usually) gets the job done.

Last edited:


New member
Hi again bionic, tried direct stream through virtual dub mod but result was still the same (CCE only sees 240 frames).

Virtual dub mod never reported any bad frames so I had no info to put in AVIdefreezer.

Like you said winavi done the job but quality wasn't as good as CCE.
Quality was ok, just stuttery every 2-3 seconds lol.

I now have nearly 3 series of this tv program to convert now.I've converted 4 with DVD2SVCD no problems, have 3 bad ones which I'll probably have to use winavi and put up with the stuttering lol, and I have 12 more episodes to do.
I hope there's no more episodes that won't convert using DVD2SVCD, lol.

Thanx for you're time bionic.

I think I'll crack on with the other 12 episodes and worry about the 3 bad ones tommorrow.

Cheers, Ronnie.:)
The problem can also be with CCE 2.66, not a good version and falls over with many avi's. I'd stongly suggest either 2.50 or 2.67. Also, there is a newer DVD2SVCD and D2SRoBa pluggin.

But your problem is defenitey with the actual avi's. VirtualDUBMod and a direct stream re-save can fix a few but not many. You will get 100 times better quality by actually re-encoding the avi to xvid/divx via VDUBMod. I just set the bitrate to be 100-200 above what the original had and end result looses very little quality wise. It just takes time, but then again WinDVD output suc's bigtime, so the little extra processing time is warranted IMHO.