Strange problem screen

Strange problem with blank screen. Just reinstalled win 98 and sometimes after logging on net the screen goes blank (acts like screen saver, move mouse, comes back up instantly) I have no screensaver running, I think I have disabled power mangement. It does not happen all the time. When rebooted is ok. Checked start up and ini's etc, can't find a thing. does anyone have any suggestions it realy bugs especially when running audio. Thanks jkat:cool: peace

system p3 450 mhz, ati rage pro, soundblaster live.

Strange!!!

Sorry I forgot to mention yes I did (Kav). I did a reinstall over 98, I have done this before and had no probs. The virus thing I suspect but havent found anything in registry either. thanks ZoZekool. jkat

:cool:

strange

Have loaded fsecure, found virus (I think?) in Mass downloader, renamed and deleted but will not delete 'mdhelper.dll' in mass directory (says windows is using) tried to delete in safe mode but still the same and cannot find any info on this dll. How do I delete without reformatting? thanks jkat:cool: peace

strange

Have solved problem! This dll is supposed to be part of "microsoft office" and was not the correct one? (must have been infected) and have now deleted. Disabled startup office proggie to delete. thanks jkat :rolleyes: :cool: btw WILL NOT USE MASS DOWNLOADER AGAIN AND HAS BEEN NUKED1 :D

Last edited:
Hi jkat

In Win98, if you need delete any file that are in use, you can turn off your computer in DOS mode, delete the file, and restart again with Win98.

That's all !!!

PS: You need know surely what you do to delete the correct file. If you delete the wrong file you can crash the Win98 !!!

thanks

Thanks Netlion it's just that I could not remember any dos command line commands:rolleyes: and was scared of screwing windows again:D jkat:cool: