speed up cable

I guess your talking about internett connection??
It wont go faster, but you can tweak it to make(somewhat) better use of your bandwith.
I use Tweakmaster(not free) , gives acces to most settings.(they also have an ok dunmeter)
Heres a good free tweaker

What you would be looking for is a high and stable average speed.
Go to fex microsoft and download one of their game demos, ms has very fast resumable servers so you can stop and start as you like :)

Im on 900\256 cable and my settings are

rwin : 373760(usually adviced between 23360 and 513920 for high speed connections)
Ttl : 32(usually 128 is adviced)
Mtu : 1500(automatic)
Selective Ackn : on
blackhole det : off
path mtu discovery : on
window scaling : on
timestamps : off
max connections : 99

Possibly for gaming other values are better ??

Depending on the type of connection theres also a performance enhancing driver called cfos.
http://www.cfos.de/

More tweaking info here

Last edited:
DSLREPORTS also have a rather good online analyser, which will tell you what you should do with DR. TCP. Though if you run a firewall, you need to allow ping response in order to evaluate the correct RWIN.

373760 is rather aggressive, allowing for a delay of over 3 seconds at full throughput - mind you, most host servers will scale RWIN automatically, and only use the maximum if good, clear but delayed throughput is available - if they guess wrong, then lost packet recovery will be slower.

If you don't want to become pingable for the test, and you'd like to do t#your own evaluation, the calculation is here
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/585

Try some (large) pings to distant/favourite locations, and base your chosen value on the worst location (but still using the average)

More info here
http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks/RWIN

373760 is rather aggressive, allowing for a delay of over 3 seconds at full throughput - mind you, most host servers will scale RWIN automatically, and only use the maximum if good, clear but delayed throughput is available - if they guess wrong, then lost packet recovery will be slower.
I know :) According to dsl reports it should be between 8760 and 23360(forgot to mention that test). Just been trying that value out for a while cause its the setting adviced by the cyberwizard Unlimited Trialware tweak
Strangely enough most of the "tweakers" operate with even higher rwin??
:)

Last edited:
LTR12101B said:
DSLREPORTS also have a rather good online analyser, which will tell you what you should do with DR. TCP. Though if you run a firewall, you need to allow ping response in order to evaluate the correct RWIN.
That was a timely reminder. I need to go do that, I had to reinstall my entire system yesterday. What a pain XP can be sometimes, I couldn't even get the backup from BackupMyPC or Drive Image 2002 to reinstall properly.

NoSpam

The QoS reservable adjustment.... some say it is effective, others say that it's the MAXIMUM that CAN be guaranteed to QoS scheduled packets, and does not apply if there are no high priority packets being scheduled.