Sophos AV...Dogs Bollocks or just Bollocks?

A friend has this on his PC at work...it appears to be crap. :)

Anybody agree/disagree.

Also I would like a recommendation on a spyware/adware program that can be installed and removed with very little chance of disturbance to the pc.
My friends company do not like u to install anything that they have not approved, but if his pc is not working properly they can go and jump. :D

Cheers

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE allo mate long time no chat :)

most of us use F-SECURE as most other AV suck :)

adaware or spybot for spyware and ad spam ....removal software :)

then remove the usual way in control panel :)

or if he has web access to use one of the many free online scanning tools such as housecall here by trend AV makers :)

theres a few other online scanners panda also do one here

:)

nice to see ya in here dave :)

ROTFLMAO it must be all that FENCING you did mate lol (others reading will think something theres suspect here lol) :D

nice to see you /hear from you though :)

Sophos has a MAJOR pro, which is 24/7 support- some companies like that a lot.
But that said, the program itself is below par, and either F-Secure (the most complete and expensive AV software out there), or Kaspersky, or Avast, or NOD32, or finally Etrust/VET should work much better (plz note I do not mention Norton and McAffee, and this is not because I forgot to mention them...).

Thanks you guys.
However, my friend didnt bother to wait for me to get the info. :rolleyes:
He just deleted the offending file "side find" and now his PC will not boot at all.
He told his boss that he found the machine in that state when he arrived at work and had to call in an IT tech to sort it out.
I pi**ed myself laughing!

There is no helping some people.

Maybe I'll reccomend Norton to him now.......he probably deserves it! :D

The info was useful to me at any rate. :)

Just slot in the Home Edition of Avast!4.
Works fine with most popular firewalls, it's fully SP2 compatible, has a very high degree of recognition and SUPER spped, and does not cost a penny.