Software with no pause in between tracks

DVDMan007

Hey im looking for a program that will allow me to burn a load of mp3s onto a disc with NO PAUSE in between every track.

Nero will not allow a disc to be burnt without a 2 second gap between each song..

Can anyone tell me some easy and good software which will let me have NO PAUSE.

Cheers
DVDMan007 :rolleyes:

nero will allow the removal of 2 second gap just hi-light all the tracks to be burnt right click and choose properties then choose to remove the 2 second gap change to 0 then when u goto burn it will report that it needs about 2 seconds as lead in on the 1st track choose to let it change and burn the disk this will of removed the 2 second gap on all the other tracks :)

Nero wont do it,couse youll still have a small tiny gap.
But,there are two solutions which are 100% working :)
use a burrrn or foobar with gaples plugin..
But all mp3s have to be encoded with Lame3.90 or newer.Couse it needs to read a Lame tag..

Nero will do it fine, and if there is a small gap then is not from Nero but from the mp3 itself. (gap at the begging or at the end)

What zver was refering to is the fact that mp3 is not a gapless format, therefor all mp3's will have gaps. Enabling a cross fade in Nero should sort it out.

And if you can't find crossfade in Nero, it's not enabled in the OEM/Bundle versions - at least, it wasn't in in the 5.5 standard bundled - with the way V6 OEM is packaged (Suite 1 / suite 3), it may be different.

DVDMan007

wot your all talking bout i dont understand lol....i have 20 tracks all mixed together and i wont to put it so there is no gaps

DVDMan007 said:
wot your all talking bout i dont understand lol....i have 20 tracks all mixed together and i wont to put it so there is no gaps
WEll,as said above...mp3 is not naturally gapless like for example mpc,ogg or flac.... ....You could go with crossfading which is kind of close to what you want,or for 100 % gapless use those solutions.I use foobar output with gapless plugin... :)
Well,Foobar is a good player,encoder-converter,tagger,audio-burner-ripper......and much much more.....so check it out :) :)

Last edited:
if you want 1 single track then you need to merge all the tracks into one single track back to back. is that what you mean or do you wish to have it on a disk so you can still skip tracks if needed !?

Never actually tried it, but it looks like it is as simple as highlighting the tracks, right clicking and selecting burn audio CD. You can change the drive, burn speed, etc. in preferences.

highlight all tracks,rightclick-burn audio cd
you have to have a nero installed too to have a burner enabled :)
also put burn in a context menu if its not allready there-from preferences :)see the shot too..

Attachments

DVDMan007

no luk for me and i have same version and nero installed

Edited reason:- changed the to jpg please try to use jpg for screen grabs as it saves on loading times for dialup users >>>VIPER_1069 <<<< :)

Attachments

Well,you dont have a special version i guess..Its niothing special about,but its a most features packed by default.Just download a special installer and install on top of the old one,or check the preferances components if you have a audio cd writer 1.3 component..
Special installer 0.8.2 http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/foobar2000/foobar2000.exe
But remember that this will work only for mp3s encoded with Lame encoder.....versions 3.90 and above-couse it needs to read a Lame tag ;)
and versions below 3.90 are not compatible...same princip apply for burrrn too

Attachments

Mantra said:
with foobar burn plug can i burn mp3 with gaps and with no gaps?
If you mean an audioCD, yes- Nero required.
If you mean an MP3 disk, there is no way to adjust gaps, as all MP3 files are on the same data track, and the silence between them is dependent on your player and not the way you burn the disk- in short, there are NO GAPS in there at all.

thanks scarecrow

I have a question I use foobar & Replaygain album setting but i can't listen different between Replay on or off

And i would love to know if there is a plug for foobar that scans every (X time) in my hd for mp3 (ogg,mpc) and refresh the playlist in automatic mode

Replay Gain is supposed to be useful for compilations, and not single albums. And sorry, you've lost me, I don't use Foobar- I am an old fashioned guy who still prefers the classics (XMMS on Linux, Winamp on Windows)- my last achievement was persuading myself lately trading Winamp 2.X with 5.X... so far and putting aside resources' usage, Winamp 5 latest release ain't bad at all!