software,dvd-r's,modchip

shields

Hi guys:
First off I just want to say that I have used the search button. . . a lot. I searched for about two hours on this subject but havent really found exactly what I am looking for so as a last resort I am posting to let you guys personally tell me what to do. I hope this is the right place for this kind of thread. If its not then I sincerely applogize in advance.
I just bought the playstation 2 model number scph-50001/N yesterday and I want to burn some games - obviously. I just dont know what software is the best, what modchip to install, and which dvd-r's will be the most compatible with my machine model number.
I went and downloaded the DVD decrypter, burntaonce, and the DVD Shrink 2.3 programs as instructed in the tutorials. And after reading all your posts about the different burners I've decided to get the pioneer 106 burner at meritline.com. A friend told me to get the pioneer burner and some ritek dvd-r's. I dont know how much the guy knows about this stuff or how full of crap he is so I'm asking you guys.
1.) Should I get the Ritek brand dvd-r's? If so which ones, because there are about twenty different kinds at http://www.meritline.com/ritek-dvd-blank-media.html . When you know nothing about the differences between them its hard to choose between all of 28 ritek samples.
2.) What modchip do I use with the playstation2 model number scph-50001/N? I just want to burn games and dvd's, and play them on my ps2. It's exactly that simple and exactly that complicated.
3.) Ok if i get the "Pioneer DVR-106D (DVR-106, OEM for DVR-A06) 4X DVD-R/RW & DVD+R/RW DVD Burner Internal" it comes with this software for burning called "DVDXCopy Express." Is this crap? Is this good? Is it worth the extra 35 bones? Should I go get some other software? Is there some perfectly great FREE software I can just download somewhere on the net?
Ok fellas. I have no ideas about any of this stuff and I would appreciate any and i mean -ANY- help you have to offer. I have asked everyone I know on this subject and they know just as much as me(or just as little as me). So hit me with replies please. And once again "Sorry if this is in the wrong forum."

1) Yes

2) No Idea but the PS2 guys will let U know

3) Get the OEM DVDXcopy is not worth 35 bones

Loadsa places this could be Ive moved it here