So just who is winning the console wars?

i was looking at the sales charts for games and consoles for the week ending 29th sept (the latest set of results) it made interesting reading, the ps2 dominated the games charts as you would expect but a few interesting figures did emerge in the top 30 games there were two dreamcast titles but no xbox titles.

the hardware sales charts were more interesting....

week sept 23rd - 29th
GameCube 15,240
Xbox 2,125

oh dear, maybe we should look at the week before....

week sept 16th - 22nd
GameCube 12,784
Xbox 2,473

These figures are for japan but in the usa sales are 2:1 in favour of the cube and in europe thats 3:1

here are the top selling games for each console in america for the last month published

Madden NFL 2002 Electronic Arts PS2 930,329
Super Mario Sunshine Nintendo GC 350,768
Madden NFL 2003 Electronic Arts XB 146,150

the console hardware worldwide sales have
1) gameboy advance
2) playstation2
3) gamecube
4) playstation
5=) wonderswan crystal
5=) xbox
7) wonderswan color
8) gameboy color.

just a little notice on the border of this thread :)
that makes me remember a nice flash video, i hope it's not already posted:
_http://www.discomedia.com/consolewars/ :D
i'm still waiting for part 2 which should already be complete but it isn't available :(
FortiTude

fortitude, i've seen that i too await part 2 but no sign yet sadly, did you see the one ms posted on their site with xbox scaring the pants off a cube? i said it was only getting out of its pants so it could s**t on the xbox :D

btw xbox finaly has a decent(ish) game, splinter cell is a pretty cool mgs type game, no full version out yet, but a demo 64mb and a "gold" (a disc sent to ms for final approval) at 3gb should be kicking around ;)