smoke em if ya got em?!?!?!!

welcome to the forum mate :)

everybody asks stupid questions sometimes, so dont be afraid to ask, no matter how stupid you might think the ??? is :p

chronicking

thanx for the warm welcome. i've already learned a whole bunch from reading til my eyes bleeed. this is a great forum. you probably don't believe this but not very many people here or wherever know much about this hobby. this is the first place ive encountered that has any vast knowledge on the subject. this is a bit more complicated than burning audio cd's, but i thinx i can figure it out. once again, thanx!!!

ps2king

You sure will, and trust me we won't flame you on da stupid ?? no matter how stupid they are. After all we are here to learn and if that means by making mistakes then so be it.

Hi,and welcome chronicking! How`s it hanging...Yeah,everyone here`s friendly,and knowledgable...and it`s a great place to rehabilitate "reformed" characters just like me.. ;) ;) :D R-O-T-F-L

Last edited:

chronicking

how's it going today?!?!!?!
well im glad to say that i have successfully backed up two of my DVD's!!!!
i used the tutorial by Laz ( http://www.dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?t=31155)
i followed it to the T until the burning part. I had to use NERO express that came with the burner package. we had Roxio six but i didn' t quite understand the DVD builder that comes with that software. i don't know if Roxio 6 is practical for backing up DVD's or not. i tried to use BurnatOnce as he suggested to no avail. this is on my father's pc mind you. he has XP and a new NEC dvd-rw drive. the NEC is rather slow and during the burn process i couldn't exceed a speed of 2.4x. supposedly the system couldn t keep up with the burner. i believe was the explanation NERO gave.
im in the process of trying to locate a Plextor drive right now. from what ive read, they seem to be the most favored. i want to install it on my system (OS: windows ME, older processor and 256kram ) i kno w that ME won't allow over the 4gig files size , but to be honest with you, i don't thinx it's necessary. we backed up The Good, Bad, & Ugly and compressed to Level 7 with DVDshrink and i couldn't tell the diff. i realize that to back them up to perfection you need the large files size capabilities but for now im satisfied. does anyone know perhaps why burnatonce wouldn' twork on xp. is there some bug. it kept sending errors that there wasn't enuff space on the dVD's for the data. with NERO express i just went to the DVD video option and it automatically opened a window for the Audio and Video_TS files. i added my movie files and burned away, but i did have a problem burning onto DVD+RW. the process would get all the way to the end and error out at like 99% complete. windows media player would play it but the DVD player(sanyo) for the TV wouldn't. the only succes i had was with DVD+r's at 2.4x w/NEROxpress. :confused: thanx LAZ and forum!

ps2king

does ur ps2 play DVD+R? Hmmm.... that's pretty cool. What type of Modchip do you have? Messiah, magic, mars, DMS, lisa, etc...

chronicking

no ive backed up PS1 games on regular cdr's but no PS2 games. i got your pm and appreciate the linx. did your PS2 require a Mod chip installation to play the copied DVD's??? ill chek out the linx you sent (pauls psx) in the meantime. take it easy!!

ps2king

yes I have a ps2 and I needed a modchip to play backups. As you can see on my signature I have a Messiah 2 Pro. And yes you need a modchip to play DVD-R's. The only modchip that doesn't allow you to play DVD-R's is the Neo Key and SBOX. They are plug n' play's.