Sidewinder force feed joystick Moan!

Lance Van Voor

I have the Sidwinder force feed joystick, the first edition that came out i bought it a few years back for £100 i think, i thought it would be a good investment, its a nice stick!

I only used this stick on combat flight sims 1 & 2 but thats not very often. I bought a new PC last summer, and a little while back i felt like a game combat sim. Guess what my microsoft stick will not install on XP, not a problem i thought i will visit the microsoft web site and get the latest drivers.

Guess what microsoft say they no longer support this product which they have their name on and will not be supporting this stick for XP ever!

Considering they make XP and this Stick I think they are OUT OF ORDER!

don't lament, my Saitek 3D Digital isn't really supported too in XP; i can only use the controller in the analog modus;
And what about my Saitek digital Racing Wheel? same case like the joystick too; :(

Greetings from
Duracell

I had a similar prob with a sidewinder joypad, worked great under 98se, but just wouldnt be detected on XP despite it sayin it should be, read a FAQ, it said there was a conflict with me old soundcard, tried its advice (setting resources manually, didnt work & guess what M$ isnt supporting it now & will never issue updated drivers :mad:

BaNzI :D