Should You Install WinXP SP1 ???

I don't see any benefits from it (as most articles I have posted mention you can just update the security flaws from the update page), except MSN making it a little more difficult for those running pirated versions.

I have it installed.. it's perty.. :)

Seriously, I haven't seen much of a difference w/ it.. There's an enhancement to Add/Rem Programs and that's all I've really noticed offhand..

I just installed it, so I will need to play w/ it more.. it seems to run just as stable as XP was running, so who knows..

I also installed SP1, and i can't see what it does really
'till now it's no advantage nor disadvantage
System runs as always
So if you don't want to take the risk - let it be
Anyway, like phantom said - all the security patches are available at MS download site

I have seen a number of disadvantages.....

1. Some PC (mine included) fail to shutdown properly the problem is known but no fix has been found. This can lead to partial registry corruption!

2. I have noticed a much greater instance of blue screens!

I installed it on two systems. One works OK but the other one became a mess. I had to do format C: to get all back to normal. It didn´t work to just un-install the s...t.

LaZorMan

I installed it to, np evrything whent smoth, but as far as I can see there is no diffrences. (Swedish)

xipzs said:
I installed it to, np evrything whent smoth, but as far as I can see there is no diffrences. (Swedish)
Well I run a Swedish XP as well..and now we have installed the SP1 on four systems and two works ok but the other two got all kinds of problems...eg. apps lost their icons in tray...auto hide inactive icons didn´t work..the system became slow on boot..and more. IMO it´s not worth installing if the old XP works..
LaZorMan