Should I have 19" KDS Monitor repaired or raplace?

Have never read any comments from the experts on whether to repair or replace a pc Monitor.

Mine is a little over 3 years old, warrenty ended at 3 years.

Friday the only picture I could get was about 1 and 1/2" wide. You could see enough to see that win98 was loading but the picture goes from top to bottom and as I said very narrow. Not enough space to launch the thingy to adjust the monitor.

To be sure it was my monitor (which has a perfect clear, sharp picture), I connected it to my old pc. You could get nothing with the old pc.

Now I can get a new 19" from Staples, delivered to my door for about $183.

I called my shop where my TV/VCRs are repaired and he said if he could get the part he needed he thought he could repair it. He said he has never worked on a KDS before. Usually he will look at your hardware and give you an estimate of what it will cost. He does not charge for this service.

I had a friend load the old one in my car to take to the repair shop and then decided to order the new one. Now I have decided that if it would not cost too much, maybe I should get the old one repaired and a new one too.

Will appreciate any input.

Toots

My old monitor was an KDS 17"- 4 years old.

Some months ago it was burned. Flyback and power transistors.

To fix it I will spend aprox. 1/2 a new one.

Conclusion: I got a new monitor. (3 years garantee)

:cool:

RE

I can barely get by using just one monitor. Thought I could use it as a backup.

The cost to get my TV/VCRs is usually not too much. I have one of those rare honest repairman.

Thanks

Toots