scheduled maintenance

N.B.

Staff member
Hello people :)

For many months our server was running quite well ...
Red Hat Linux 7.2 (Enigma) did a very fine job, on that box. Since RedHat will close support for this release, and we have enough time to migrate to another system, our server will get a new OS.
I am right now thinking about Debian, I guess I will install kernel 2.6.x.x as well :)

So, when ? Prolly tomorrow afternoon, around 5pm GMT+1
The server will be offline for a couple of minutes I would say.

After that we are gladly prepared for the future.
Since the hardware of the server will be revised as well.

So then ...
Another break, but as said ...
The server was never down because of technical diffuclties as long as it has been online :)
Greetz fly out to our old Hoster Grafix who has built this box a couple of years ago ! I think 2 or even more ...

Okay,thanks for the info,N.B.Thanks also for keeping things updated,and providing this forum for us to enjoy! :)

thanks for info N.B. :)

you did it always right, and i'm sure we will notice an improvement again;

our members and the team will thank you :cool:
Duracell

I would also build and install a 2.4.23 kernel though- I've heard some discouraging things about the current status of 2.6.X betas...

N.B.

Staff member
just installing the new box ...
Dual Xeon 2.4 Ghz, HT :)

Board will be down soon !
Cheers :D

N.B.

Staff member
Damn, was just checking the server, the SCSI drives of the old box as no SCA connector .. no fun ...
Hmm, okay we are already way out ot time, I think we have to reschedule this downtime to the next weekend !
Will let you know about the details once I arrived back at home !

Have fun on the forum !
Cheers,
N.B.

Went looking throug a search engine, and found a worrying number of hits with "freezes on dual Xeon" - hope that's sorted now.

N.B.

Staff member
Got some boxed like this one running quite fine !
So we tested it with the Intel BR2 and the 2.4 Ghz HT Xeons, worked quite fine ..
Using the ICP Vortex 8500 controller :)