rempeg 1.52

i've stripped a dvd with smartripper 2.41 and demuxed to single movie and audio,now i want to make the .m2v movie file smaller using rempeg1.52,i've run thru the settings and gone to 80% of the original .m2v but after recoding it is blocky and seems to run fast? any ideas what i've done?

E

elpresidente

hehe ... I know this issue...that´s why i use CinemaCraft Encoder ...

Rempeg is rather old and maybe this is a bug or something ...
I experienced the problem more than once ... e.g. GET CARTER ...

It was not your fault ... just use CCE ..follow the guide ;)

greetz

thanks

i'll try CCE but it looks a lot more complicated than rempeg,will CCE give me a .m2v file at the end? this is the main reason i wanted to use rempeg,as i want to use dvd quick builder after i made the .m2v smaller. have you seen this guys tutorial he seems to have no problems hes mention with rempeg maybe its an old site. h**p://w*w.dvd2dvdr.com/

Last edited:
E

elpresidente

hmm..maybe it´s old .. btw..never heard about this site before ;)

yep ...CCE produces MPEG2 files ... (m2v)....
If u don´t know how to use CCE ...goto the DVDBURNING/TUTORIAL section ... there is a guide on it ...

Another way to do the job is ..to use TMPGENC .. I think chickenman wrote a tutorial on it ...

greetz

maybe its just smartripper?

i deleted all files and started again,this time i used dvd decryter to get a .m2v and .ac3 files,they work ok with rempeg so far i've tested 10 minutes if re encoded file but it seems ok.tempenc looks good aswell it seems to say i can get 240 minutes on a disc at lower quality

E

elpresidente

hmm... CCE and TMPGENC is often used to get more than one movie on a DVDr ...but I don´t want to do that ..

btw. CCE and TMPENC can do multi pass mode to reach very good results ....

Rempeg is rather slow :(

the only advantage ... it works good with IFO Edit ... remuxing is really easy ...

greetz