remote procedure call

Status
Not open for further replies.
im getting a warning message onto my screen saying " windows must now restart because the remote procedure call ( RPC ) had unexpectedly terminated - this was initiated by NT Authority/ system.

does anybody have any idea what this is and why my pc is shutting itself down when its online. thanks for any help given. :(

sharon2712 said:
im getting a warning message onto my screen saying " windows must now restart because the remote procedure call ( RPC ) had unexpectedly terminated - this was initiated by NT Authority/ system.

does anybody have any idea what this is and why my pc is shutting itself down when its online. thanks for any help given. :(
Hi!

you are most certainly a victim of the W32.Blaster Worm, for removal, securing your system etc. read here W32.Blaster Worm Removal Tool .

Greetnx

Yep U have the msbalst virus:(

Use the link MadGuy posted & download the patch from Microsoft 1st, then reboot & then run the symantec removal tool

U need 2 install microsoft's patch first so that it blocks the port/flaw that the virus comes in on or else it will just reappear after U have cleaned it

BaNzI:D

banzibaby said:
Yep U have the msbalst virus:(

Use the link MadGuy posted & download the patch from Microsoft 1st, then reboot & then run the symantec removal tool

U need 2 install microsoft's patch first so that it blocks the port/flaw that the virus comes in on or else it will just reappear after U have cleaned it

BaNzI:D
thanks for your help too. much appreciated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.