reducing the size of video

hi, hpoe you can help. i have a 9 second piece if video that has saved at 20.4 mb as a jpg file. im trying to email it to somebody, hence it needs to be alot smaller. ive tried compressing it with winzip but that only gets me as far as 12.3 mb. Can you please tell me what i am doing wrong??

Hi sharon2712:)

Saved it as a jpeg??

Have U tried encoding it 2 divx, that would give U a much smaller file size:)

If U wait a bit, other will be along 2 help U out

BaNzI:D

There is an easier way,just get Winrar to compress and split the jpeg.It will take a few emails to send it when done.Your friend can then extract them by also using Winrar.If you have ICQ,you can send the complete file using it without splitting/compressing.Just use the send file option.;)

@ woody we are not certain what type of net connection "sharon2712" has here ?! 56k is tough going emailing attachments if you think back !? same with icq :(

I know you are BT for your isp "sharon2712" but i dont know if you are dialup or broadband/midband !?

conversion to DIVX will compress to something more managable and this could possibly be compressed more with winrar :)

.jpg is a picture file format btw !? or is this an MJPEG video file ?!

please provide us with as much information as you can about the file and what you created it with so we can help out more :)