Red Hat format

I'm working on a multiboot system and I need to prepare a partion for a Red Hat installation. How should the partion be formatted? Partition Magic 8 gives me several choices for Linux and I haven't a clue.

hey scarecrow,reiserfs is optimum 4 wat?the last time i put a linux partition under reiserfs,i had only few Mbs left for the same size & same amount of data as compared to ext3.Partition was about 3-4 Gb

ReiserFS offers better filesystem encryption options, compared to ext3, at the cost of VERY slightly bigger HD consuming. There is no point arguing about the superiority of any of those two- in fact there are also some other advanced filesystem options one can use in a Unix/Linux installation. ReiserFs is the format of choice for SuSE, while ext3 the one RedHat and mandrake use by default- mine installation is Man 9.1 on ReiserFS partitions, ande a small Knoppix one on my laptop-again on ReiserFS.
I can point you to some articles which are biased over the former or the latter FS, but IMHO it is of no use- both are fine... as secure as NTFS and easier to restore in a case of a system failure. ext2 uses a more primitive encryption method, and it's not easy at all to correct filesystem failures- so you'd better avoid it, in favour of any of the above, or some other advanced journaling filesystem.