Real video

VIPER_1069 said:
search the forum ZVER theres lots of articles on it :)

search for "real media convert"

no quotes
:)
Well i can convert it with dvdsanta which i got installed it allreasdy,i am more looking for hq qyality converting like for example with cce or slt...I am trying now with tmpegenc to make a mpeg2 so will see,thanks!!!

Update

Huh,tmpegenc version2.5 and 3 have definetely problem with rm files-it converted so good videopart,but audio is not playing even if it shows its ok in gspot-mpeg2-224k :confused:
Even tryed to go with a pcm or ac3-all 3 times-good video-actually pefect video and no audio??
Unfortanetely this eo software haz some weird interface so i cant see to convert the audio to wav so im gonna try with dvdsanta now :)

I always recommend mplayer for decoding rm/rmvb/ra to wav, however it has no interface.

Basically the command is mplayer.exe -ao pcm -vo null -vc dummy input.rmva -aofile output.wav Depending on the audio format you may need a real dll, which is availble from the codecs download section at mplayerhq.hu

Also, mencoder can convert directly to AC3, mp2, etc.

celtic_druid said:
I always recommend mplayer for decoding rm/rmvb/ra to wav, however it has no interface.

Basically the command is mplayer.exe -ao pcm -vo null -vc dummy input.rmva -aofile output.wav Depending on the audio format you may need a real dll, which is availble from the codecs download section at mplayerhq.hu

Also, mencoder can convert directly to AC3, mp2, etc.
i saw that bud before,but im bad with command line-i need a gui :)

Mplayer is a formidable media player (probably the best I have ever seen), but at heart its a Linux application, and its windows port is not sufficiantly debugged yet.
Still, if it works for you, I cannot see why it shouldn't be used.

I installed it and it works-encoding but player is still conmmand line-only??is that normal-how to make a gui working-looks like a good player :)

GUI? There are keyboard shortcuts for most stuff, although I guess for audio it would be usefull.

Definatly agree that it is an excellent player. Requires much less resources than VLC and really does play just about everything as unlike VLC it can make use of external dll's. However there is no support for DVD menu's.

Still I wasn't really suggesting using it as a player (although I do). I was only suggesting it to decode the audio from a real media file.