RE This Thread

nemesis01

hi,

been using this guide http://www.dvdrbase.com/showthread.php?t=25572 , managed to get over my aspect ratio problem and now have another. the first avi i converted was fine, it took up nearly a full dvd-r however subsequent ones have been very low in filesize. the only difference i can tell between the avi's i have done since and the first one i did is that the first one was fullscreen. is there anyway to increase the overall filesize in the VIDEO_TS folder as it seems bigger filesize would mean better quality.

i also have the option of joining the Encoded_Video_CCE_NTSC.mpv and the extracted .ac3 file for some of the avi's, they are of a significantly larger size, any reason why the VIDEO_TS folder is not? i have tried changing the Min Avg setting with an average i got using a bitrate calc but it seems to have no effect.

I assume you used the D2SRoBa option with DVD2SVCD. Check what the Q value that was worked out to do the final encode. If it was 1 and the file size was small, then trying to increase the final file size to fit a DVDR is pointless as NO quality increase can be had. A Q of 1 simply gives the BEST QUALITY encode from that particular AVI at your requested final size or lower.

The "Encoded_Video_CCE_NTSC.mpv and the extracted .ac3 file" are not joined, they are authored together, learn the terminology.

The use of any Bitrate Calculator in DVD2SVCD is absolutely a waste of time and 100% redundant. The whole point of using DVD2SVCD is that it has all the bitrate calculations in the program. It will alway calculate the best possible bitrate to fit to the size of CD/DVD you have told it. If the files are to big, then you have told it an incorect CD Size.

nemesis01

thanks for the reply, yes i did use D2SRoBa with DVD2SVCD, i was trying to get answers to a couple of things that were bugging me and i think i have, thanks again.

nemesis01

just one more problem i am having, i joined 2 avi's together using nandub, used video fixer to check the files for errors before they were joined and also checked the joined file after, there were no problems but when converting the 1 large avi to dvd it only seems to convert 1 half of the movie, done it 3 times now and still no joy.

i am probably making a simple error somewhere but cannot figure out what that is, any suggestions?

edit - nm, think i found the answer by searching.

Last edited: