Question for PS2King about the DMS3

Bobed

Hi. I just picked up a v4 PS2 game system. Can you tell me more about the DMS3 and where I might buy one. First off do you know if it will work on a v4 system? Is this all that will be required of me to play my backups? I back up my games using the image file under RecordnowMax tutorial.

Thanks so much for your help on this forum.

Bobed,

I can tell you about the DMS3. That's exactly what I'm using and have NO complaints. Everything I burnt has worked flawlessly...movies, games-PS2 and PS1. I highly recommend it!

Everything was burned on Ritek media!!!

Good luck
:)

ps2king

The DMS3 chip is the ferrari of the ps2. It's read practically anything you throw in there though I still recommend you using Ritek or Verbatim. Yes it'll work for your v4 console. DMS3 works for all v1-v8. You can get DMS3 for v9's but they have to be custom. Once the DMS is installed successfully all you'll have to do is follow the tutorials and make a backup and play on ur ps2.

DMS3 comes with features such as fast boot, .Dev mode, media player, and more. With all this the DMS comes at a pretty price. Here check out DMS's site at www.dms3.com

Not to mention the Messiah 2 pro is also good. It's almost neck and neck to the DMS.

Last edited:

Bobed

Thanks for the information!! I will be buying the DMS3. What is the deal with the soldering?? It seems like quite the effort to me when I see chips available that say "no solder" Is the DMS3 the way to go even with the soldering requirements? I notice that there is about 23 wires that will have to be soldered in place. I just want to be sure before the expense and effort that this is the best way to go.
Again..Thanks!!

Bobed,

I hope you have superman vision! I tried to solder this chip myself and scrapped my PS2. I cannot beleive how small some soldering points are!

I've worked over 10 years servicing electronic equipement and this is best done by professionals with professional equipement.

My suggestion is to order a PS2 already chipped! That's JMO.

Good luck.

Bobed said:
Thanks for the information!! I will be buying the DMS3. What is the deal with the soldering?? It seems like quite the effort to me when I see chips available that say "no solder" Is the DMS3 the way to go even with the soldering requirements? I notice that there is about 23 wires that will have to be soldered in place. I just want to be sure before the expense and effort that this is the best way to go.
Again..Thanks!!

Bobed, it is worth spending the money to get it done right depending on were you are in the world there are a lot of place you can go.

Bobed

Poco81 said:
Bobed, it is worth spending the money to get it done right depending on were you are in the world there are a lot of place you can go.
OK I'll byte. How do I find someone that might be up to doing the mod? I'm near Fresno California.

Bobed said:
OK I'll byte. How do I find someone that might be up to doing the mod? I'm near Fresno California.
I have done a search with Google but no luck in finding an installer in your area. Try your local paper there might be some advertising.

Good Luck ;)

ps2king

Fresno California eh.... I'll keep an eye out and let you know the outcome. Im not sure about Fresno but I'll find one in California.