PSone Ripping Question

Hi,

We have just bought our 2 and 1/2 year old son a PSone console and just had it chipped the other day to play backups and NTSC games.

My basic question is are there some games that I need to patch in order for them to play correctly on the system, and if there is some games that require this is there a web site that you can give me where I would obtain this information from.

Thank you,

XR8Falcon06

XR8Falcon06 said:
Hi,

We have just bought our 2 and 1/2 year old son a PSone console and just had it chipped the other day to play backups and NTSC games.

My basic question is are there some games that I need to patch in order for them to play correctly on the system, and if there is some games that require this is there a web site that you can give me where I would obtain this information from.

Thank you,

XR8Falcon06

Get your psone patches at www.megagames.com or www.gamecopyworld.com
Good luck

yes and no and if you use the correct software to backup :) ,

Yes if you do not have a playstation scart/peritel lead and No if you do !! :)

this is purely for the PAL /NTSC situation as the scart over comes the color/black and white problem as it forces the tv to the correct sync 50hz PAL or 60hz NTSC :)

if you do not have a scart lead then you will have to patch for either PAL /NTSC with programs avail out there on the net :)

But remember you are only going to do this with YOUR OWN disks :)

read more about playstation backups in the console section of this forum :)

Thanks for that guys, do I need to make an iso of the game or can I just add the patch into the same folder as where I have the cloneCD game file in?

XR8Falcon06

XR8Falcon06 said:
Thanks for that guys, do I need to make an iso of the game or can I just add the patch into the same folder as where I have the cloneCD game file in?

XR8Falcon06
ppf-o-matic v3.0 tutorial

You need to use either CDRWin (*.bin), CloneCD (*.ccd), then apply the patch to that image file, & burn back to CD-R.

I have a lot of links on my site to other patch sites if you can't find the patch you need at megagames.