PS2 mod/backup help

I have a modded xbox with a 250 GB hdd and love it. I would like to get a PS2 and still do not understand a few things. I read that if i get HDAvance 2.0 and a 200 GB hdd plus network adapter, i can copy PS2 games directly to the hdd without a mod chip. Is that correct? I always thought that you had to have a mod chip. I also would like to backup games to cd-r or dvd-r and play them. Do i need a mod chip to do that with HDAvance 2.0?

Also, can i make 1 to 1 backups on my PC for any PS2/PS1 game? I know that xbox games can not be read my PC so i have to copy game to hdd and then ftp game to PC and then convert files to iso and then burn the game that way.

I also assume that the new PS2 Slim does not let you add a hdd so HDAvance 2.0 would not work with the slim version and allow you to play games off a hdd. What about external hdd's?

Thanks in advance.

poncho said:
Also, can i make 1 to 1 backups on my PC for any PS2/PS1 game? I know that xbox games can not be read my PC so i have to copy game to hdd and then ftp game to PC and then convert files to iso and then burn the game that way.

yes for ps1 use any program that can backup both audio and data subchannels and when burning choose to not correct/repair subchannel data and close the disk ...examples are clone cd / blind write and alcohol 120% :)

with ps2 use dvd decrypter is iso mode or use RECORD NOW MAX :)

as for the slimline p2 and a hd !? who knows !? they are hard enough to get hold of to buy in most parts of the world due to not enough being produced :( nevermind sorting out if i a hd will fit it !?

i do know they can be modded and i do know there is an issue with the lazer reading disks after modding but this has already been figured out and there are postings on the net how to resolve this :)