ps2 games and burned util. disks booting without Chip and Knife Method?

trudi

hi!
My name is trudi and I`m really a noob in the console scene :(

I know that I can play backups of my games with the knife method (http://ps2.consolevision.com/knife.shtml) and with a modchip.
The only problem is, that i have no modchip and no gameshark/actionreplay disk. I don`t have the money for a modchip at the moment, two.
So, my question : is there a method, how to boot burned disks for utils like ps2 media player or play backups of games WITHOUT moddifying the console and without the knife trick?

I also would like to put a hdd into my ps2 but i cant format it, because the util hdd explorer cd doesnt boot.

Please Help!

THX THX THX
trudi

ps2king

There is something called the Slide Card method. You have to purchase that and it's not as expensive as the modchips. Though I don't recommend either the knife trick and the slide card.

If you want to put a Hard Drive into ur ps2 then you'll need

1. A network Adapter
2. modchip (preferebly the DMS3)
3. Ps2

Even with the Hard Drive installed you still won't be able to do anything because games aren't formatted to the HD.

BTW- Sony has a 40gig HD for the ps2 but you can also use another one as long as it's <40gigs

trudi

Thanx! Ill try to get money for the chip :-D

If I have put my hdd then in, can i boot from it?

thx

trudi

ps2king

The question is what will you boot from it? The reason I said you should get the DMS is cuz it can formatt the hdd with some patches or updates.